Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: component selection from menus was Re: [evolution-patches] 57653 & 57654 : toolbar and sidebar visibility

Anna M Dirks wrote:
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 15:48 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:

But how should add mnemonics and accelerators for these items? The shell only knows what is in the component registry.

Add something like label_with_mnemonic to the component info structure?

Is it even necessary to add accelerators?

Yup! All menu items need to have accelerators in order to be accessible.
Sorry I can't help you figure out *how* to add it. cheers, Anna

Hi Anna,

Perhaps I'm not using the right terminology. I'm making a distinction between menu mnemonics and keyboard accelerators (or shortcuts).

Mnemonic:  Actions/_Send / Receive

Accelerator: F9

It seems that only mnemonics are required for accessibility.

Jon