Re: [Evolution-hackers] Setting up mailing list contact?

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:06, Chris Toshok wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 18:51, Not Zed wrote:
> > Weird api ... why not just set a GList of EABDestinations or an
> > EABDestination itself (it can contain lists?) rather than a GList of xml
> > exports of EABDestinations? :)
>
> Because I didn't write the api :)
>
> really the problem the xml solves should be solved by parameters on the
> vcard attributes.  that'll fix some interoperability problems, as well
> as making it easier to deal with (it would work the way you thought it
> did initially).

 Yes,having parameters on vcard attributes will be  nice.We can also
have parameters to store distribution type of each email (i.e whether
that particular email has to be kept in To or CC while sending the mail
to the list) .  eab-destination stuff can not be used in address book
backends (as it is not available there ). In Case of groupwise we just
get list of emails while receiving the contact list from the server and
there is no way to populate the contact-list (apart from forming the xml
structure).

Thanks,
Sivaiah