Re: [Evolution-hackers] webcal tasks

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 18:26 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that subscribing to webcal VTODO lists isn't currently
> possible.  Is this right?
>
> At first look I see two things:
>
> + Calendar and Task sources split in gconf
>
>    A file with VTODO components should go into tasks/sources.  A file
> with VEVENT components should go into calendar/sources.  Does this imply
> that a file with both VTODO and VEVENT should go into tasks/sources and
> calendar/sources?

yes, although it's probably not a good idea to have them mixed. But yes,
adding the source to both calendar/sources and tasks/sources might work.

>    I suppose that this could be handled by evolution-webcal by searching
> the file before adding to the source lists.
>
> + HTTP backend for calendar filters on ICAL_VEVENT_COMPONENT
>
>    Could this just be changed to ICAL_ANY_COMPONENT and then optionally
> filter out VALARMS, etc. that we don't need?

it would be much better if it just filtered
ICAL_VTODO/VEVENT_COMPONENT's, and then ignore the others.

> I tried experimenting with this.  I modified evolution-webcal to create
> an On The Web source group in tasks/sources and subscribed to a calendar
> with only VTODO entries.  It shows up in the Tasks sources pane but when
> I select it nothing seems to happen.

It's missing the registration of the webcal: protocol for tasks in
e-d-s/src/server.c. There, look for e_data_cal_factory_register_method.

cheers