Re: [Evolution-hackers] Read-only folders

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 16:52, Scott MacLean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, Evolution does not currently support the creation
> of read-only folders (ie. addressbooks, calendars, etc.). Is this in
> fact the case?

As toshok said, read-only views are supported. The UI doesn't let you
create a read-only folder, because that would be silly since it would
have to remain empty forever. :)

If you're asking from the point-of-view of writing a backend, you just
have to return TRUE to the e_cal_backend_is_read_only /
e_book_backend_is_read_only call.

One issue that affects Exchange is that we don't currently have any
granularity beyond read-only/read-write. You can't express permissions
like "can modify but can't create" or "some objects are read-only,
others are read-write". There's a bug about this somewhere in bugzilla.

-- Dan