Re: [Evolution-hackers] Authentication/Password Issue in Evolution Data Server .....

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 17:30 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> This means that evolution proper will still have to query for passwords
> and that is 90% of the issue. At that point, why not just have the
> front-end save them?

	Because then _every_ front-end has to save them; so we get to
cut/paste/duplicate that code in everything that uses e-d-s; which we
want to expand to include ~every app. (OO.o / panel / gaim /
gnome-meeting ...) The reason this has come-up, is that it's actively
painful for the OO.o code.

	IMHO; we should move (in future) to add a new API which is fully
callback based, with (preferably a standard dialog to help), and add a
'gboolean use_anonymous' or somesuch to the API. Ultimately, it would
seem even better to configure the sources [ and their authentication
mechanism ], inside e-d-s surely ? or perhaps I misunderstood.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot