[Evolution-hackers] CalComponentAlarm?

Hi,

I'm working on an Evolution 1.4 plugin for ExchangeIt, a Microsoft
Exchange alternative (see http://www.nit.ca/products/exchangeit.php).

I'd like to be able to handle alarms for calendar items. For syncing
with Outlook, since Outlook only seems to have a UI for one alarm, I'm
just going to use the first suitable alarm.

However, I'd like to allow Evolution users to sync multiple alarms with
each other. What would help me in doing this, is to be able to create a
CalComponentAlarm from an icalcomponent. Is there any way to do this
using the public API?

It seems odd to me that there is cal_component_add_alarm, which takes a
CalComponentAlarm *, but there is no easy way to create a
CalComponentAlarm (except by getting one from a CalComponent, at which
point you don't need to add it; it's already there!)

Have fun,

Peter