Re: [Evolution-hackers] running my own build

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 21:23, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> I've got myself evolution, among many other GNOME apps,
>  installed in ~/Applications ... everything
> works perfectly

Question: the environment vars you set are things like
BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH.

I can see that if you did an entire local build (with jhbuild or
whatever) to some althernate path that you'd have an alternate GNOME
installation, and away you go.

But what if you only wanted to install (bleeding edge) Evolution to a
local alternate (not /usr) path (so one could contribute to testing)?

I would have assumed it would all "just work" but this thread seems to
indicate otherwise.

Where is the dividing line? I'd really far rather, as JP says, leave
most of the working system in place - I kinda have to do real work with
this machine - but would like to be able to experiment and contribute on
the few little things that scratch my own personal itches...

AfC

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd

Australia: +61 2 9977 6866  North America: +1 646 472 5054

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/