[Evolution-hackers] Re: evo/gal/gtkhtml bugzilla move? (was Re: Proto initial GNOME 2.6 new modules decision)

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 18:53, Wayne Schuller wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 06:43, Christian Rose wrote:
> > I'm asking as I expect it to be a major Pain(tm) to both enter and track
> > GNOME 2.6 bugs in two totally different bugzillas; each of them with
> > different bugs, queries, keywords, accounts, milestones, resolutions,
> > and whatever else possible.
>
> Not our (Gnome bug-squads) problem.

It sort of is. At least in theory, it's my (or someone's) responsibility
to report to the release team 'product X meets GNOME's quality standards
and should be shipped.' If it is somewhere else, that's a problem and
makes such reporting more difficult.

> If maintainers (Ximian team) want to use their own bugzilla, the
> burden of responsibility is with them to keep it in track with
> gnome release schedules.

We don't ask other maintainers to do this. Granted, evo is a bit of a
strange beast, given the raw size of the bug DB.

I think aes and jp have addressed the other issues- everyone would like
to see it happen. Some time. :)

Luis