[Evolution-hackers] Re: [Fwd: evolution / LDAP / Exchange / Groupwise integration ...]

Hi,

Thanks all !!!

Regarding the evo-address-book integration with OpenOffice, following option looks good:

The Evoab Driver directly calls the evo-data-server api instead of calling the 'Helper fork like evolution-addressbook-export'. As the glib integration is already in OpenOffice there doesnt seem to much problem in linking evo-data-server/Orbit and dependent components and calling the apis, hopefully ;-) .

Since the evolution/addressbook/tools/evolution-address-export* already have the functionality, some of the code can be used after porting it over evo-data-server apis.

If someone has already done this or is in the process, it will be very helpful ;-) .  I am currently sinking my teeth into it :-)

regards
Amit

>>> Frank Schönheit <frank schoenheit sun com> 11/20/03 2:28:26 PM >>>
Hi Berry, Leon, Amit,

the message below was cc'ed to me by Michael meeks some days ago. It
looks like Novel/Ximian is going to do something about the Evolution
integration ...

Some introductions:
Berry and Leon are Sun engineers located in Beijing, who also did/do
work on the Evolution integration in OpenOffice.org/StarOffice. Berry
wrote the current OpenOffice.org-side code for this, and Leon joined the
"Address Book Integration Team" some weeks ago.

Well, all I know about Amit is that he's got the quite interesting task
from Michael, as cited below :)

This mailing list was introduced to allow easier communication between
Sun and Ximian about the EvoAB integration. Amit, upon request of
Michael, I added you to this list, which makes a lot of sense I think.
So: welcome :).

Amit, if you have any questions about the EvoAB integration done OOo,
please feel free to use this list - all of us who have knowledge about
the topic should linger here :)

Again, welcome - I'm really looking forward to the changes sketched by
Michael below ...

Ciao
Frank