[Evolution-hackers] Mouse scrolling problem: where to "dig"?

Hello,

A problem exists (on my machine, at least) in Evo 1.4.x, but *not* 1.2.x.
In a message text viewing window (whether it's a preview pane or a
separate window), a minimal movement of the mouse wheel causes a scroll of
half the window height. If the window is rather tall, this is annoying.

I've encountered this problem in other software too, so I think Evo is not
at fault. What I'd like to know is, *what* may be at fault. What was not
there in Evo 1.2.x but is there in Evo 1.4.x? Gtk+ 2?

(Many programs, notably everything Qt, work normally and scroll about 3
lines at a time. So did Evo 1.2.x)

Or perhaps this can be changed by some fine-tuning? If so, I'd really
appreciate to know where. I've tried gnome-control-center but found no
setting like this.

A Google search did not help.

Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik