Re: [Evolution-hackers] Free/Busy Bounty

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 12:16, Gary Ekker wrote:
> I have most of this working, barring a few bugs. Here are some
> screenshots of the change to cal-prefs-dialog and a new dialog to edit
> the uris:
>
> http://webhost.justrawspeed.com/gekker/cal-prefs-dialog.png
> http://webhost.justrawspeed.com/gekker/url-editor-dialog.png
>
> I still have a couple of questions as well. Is there an API from inside
> the calendar that I can call to check online/offline status. It probably
> shouldn't attempt to publish if the client is offline.

there is the e_cal_get_mode function, which tells you the CalMode for a
given backend.

About only publishing if the client is online, I guess we shouldnt do
that, since we now are supposed to be able to have calendars working
offline, in which case you might still want to publish the changes you
made locally, I guess.

> The bounty said that it should publish at various intervals, like every
> day. Any ideas on how to make evolution perform an action, on a daily or
> weekly basis? Also where would I connect a signal to do it each time the
> ECal changes?

I guess we'll need to do it in some process that is always running, like
evolution.data-server. I guess you could setup listeners for all the
backends created, and perform the automatic publishing when changes
occur (if configured that way).

That has the problem that backends not implemented within e-d-s (like
Exchange connector's calendar backend) wont be managed in that way. So I
guess the code will have to be moved, let's say, to
evolution-alarm-notify, or any other daemon we might want to be running.

I guess we could have evolution-alarm-notify do the publishing, we could
even rename it to evolution-calendar-daemon, or something like that.
Anyone has anything against this?

> And finally, for the new gconf key, do i edit the .schemas file or the
> schemas.in.in?

schemas.in.in

cheers