Re: [Evolution-hackers] collapse all threads?

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 08:50, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to hack a little on Evo and the first thing I thought of was a
> feature I've been dying to get. I wanted to have two things, both
> related:
>
> 1. A menu option to collapse all threads in the current mailbox.

You'll probably need to write a e_tree_collapse_threads and an
e_tree_expand_threads function in libgal. Once those are done, you will
want to add menu items into one of the files in ui/ src directory
(toplevel).

Then you'll need to setup callback functions in the mailer that will
call the e_tree_expand/collapse_threads() functions. I can't think of
which files you'll need to edit off the top of my head, but I'll check
into this later.

> 2. The ability to set Evo to collapse all threads by default.

Not sure what needs to be done here...

> Does anyone have any inkling as to where I would start looking in the
> code to accomplish at least #1, if not #2, as well? Thanks in advance!
> :)
>
> P.S. I am running Evo 1.4.5 on Gentoo Linux, in case that differs from
> the standard Ximian Evolution in some important way. I will of course do
> my best to be sure that these features will work on all instances, but
> I'd like to use myself as the guinea pig, if possible. Thanks again :)

It'd be best if you implemented these features in the Evolution 1.5
codebase rather than the 1.4 codebase since that is the future.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.