Re: [Evolution-hackers] special calendar backends
- From: ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>
- Cc: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>, evolution-hackers lists ximian com, satan eurythmics servebeer com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] special calendar backends
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:09:47 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > yes, that (and making sure it is added by default) is the core of the
> > problem.
> well, adding it by default the first time is quite easy, since we can do
> it when we create the other sources, when migrating from old setups.
This could be done in calendar-component.c:impl_upgradeFromVersion, but
still wouldn't solve the problem of the user removing it.
> > and also, with the current infrastructure, we'd need a seprate calendar
> > category as well (i.e. we'd have Local/Personal, Local/Business,
> > Local/..., Remote/Source1, Remote/Source2,..., Birthdays/Birthdays(???)
> right, or Extra/Birthdays?
even that wouldn't be as straightforward to implement, since the source
groups contain base URIs (so the birthday backend would have to implement
extras://birthdays instead of birthdays:///, but backends are loaded by
.--= ULLA! =---------------------. `We are not here to give users what
\ http://cactus.rulez.org \ they want' -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001
`---= cactus cactus rulez org =---'
C programmers never die -- they're just cast into void.
] [Thread Prev