[Evolution-hackers] configure fails to find Berkeley DB

Hello,

Sorry for the previous message. I've asked a local Unix hacker and
undersood my blunder. The .a file is the library code...

Here's the REAL problem description. I am trying to make evolution 1.4.5
from source. I make Berkeley DB from the tarball taken from Ximian FTP.
It's installed with a prefix (/home/misha/qqq), as per evo README.

Then in the evo source directory I do:

$ ./configure --with-db3-includes=/home/misha/qqq/include
--with-db3-libs=/home/misha/qqq/lib

The output ends as follows:

checking for db3 compiler flags... -I/home/misha/qqq/include
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking db3 header version... 3.1.17
checking for db3 library name... configure: error: Could not find db3
library

So, how can I make it find the db3 library? It's there all right:

$ ls /home/misha/qqq/lib
libdb.a

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik