Re: [Evolution-hackers] Bug #50046.

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 11:17 +0100, guenther wrote:
> In the Contact List Editor, you have set
>  [x] Hide addresses when sending mail to this list
>
> Which is a good default to me. Uncheck this option and all recipients in
> this list will be visible in the To: field, rather than Bcc:ed.

You misunderstand. I did not use a Contact List. I entered some
addresses by hand in the Bcc field, and typed some explanatory text
followed by : ; in the To field.

Evolution completely removed the To: field, and everything I'd typed in
it. I didn't want the addresses to be made visible in the To: field. I
wanted what I'd explicitly typed into the To: field to be in the To:
field of the mail I sent. Not an unreasonable request :)

Testing shows that for received messages Evo does actually manage to
show the To: field in 'Show Email Source' mode, but not in other modes,
even 'Show Full Headers'.

--
dwmw2