Re: [Evolution-hackers] New message in thread moves thread to top of list when in chronological order?

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 20:35, Antony Stubbs wrote:
> I'm using 1.4.5 and at the moment when using 'thread view' if an old
> thread gets a new message, the thread is not moved to the top of my list
> when my list is listed in chronological order (unlike how most bulletin
> boards work). Is there a way to achieve this behaviour? If so, how? I've
> tried a little goggling for it, but couldn't find anything. If not, does
> anyone think this would be a nice feature to implement?

no, it's not currently possible to do. it is, however, in bugzilla as a
feature request. the problem is that ETree is what does the sorting and
the way it sorts it is each level individually. So top level gets sorted
by date. Then the sublevel gets sorted by date, etc etc etc...

this means that the mailer will have to perform its own sorting which
makes things a lot more complicated.

> One other thing - when a word that is spelt wrong gets underlined, right
> clicking only shows the option 'check spelling' which then brings up a
> dialogue box. Is there a way to get a sub-menu straight away showing
> suggestions like how Gaim works?

it used to work like this. forget why it changed...

>  Also is there a way to get the spell
> checker to dis-regard words next to a ' ? because every-time i do
> something like 'thread view' it things view' is spelt wrong :D Also get
> it to ignore words with dots in them, eg email address (however, it only
> underlines the .nz part)...

probably a bug. submit against gtkhtml or gnome-spell component in
bugzilla.ximian.com

Jeff