Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problem in accessing Ldap addressbook from evolution-data-server apis

The attributes on that ldap entry were uid, generationQualifier,
nickname, sn, and objectClass.

There wasn't a givenName attribute, nor a cn attribute, so I wouldn't
expect a name field to be present (and actually, evolution doesn't use
givenName anyway...  it gets its name info, for better or worse, from
'cn'.  There is a bug about this.).  The 'sn' field is handled only for
writing by evolution.  We write it out based on the full name of the
vcard, but we don't do anything with it when reading the ldap entry.
There was a mail attribute, which evolution did in fact turn into EMAIL:

vcard = BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
UID:cn=bbb\,ou=container\,o=dxml
EMAIL:gfkgkh
END:VCARD

the search returning 0 means "success".

There are no documents about the field mapping between evo and ldap..
you'll have to look at the e-book-backend-ldap.c file for that info.

Chris