[Evolution-hackers] Problem in accessing Ldap addressbook from evolution-data-server apis

Hi,

I am facing problems in accessing ldap addressbook from
evolution-addressbook-export command which I have modified to use
evolution-data-server apis.

The scenario is:

I have a ldap server with o=dxml as basedn which has container\bbb user
object in it. When I give
uri:  ldap://localhost:389/o=dxml??sub?\(*\)   it contacts the ldap
server fine.

But the server side log says:

impl_GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_Book_getContactList
getting contact list with filter: (cn=*)
e_contact_set (0x80a7758, 1, 0x80a7780)
attr = mail, info = 0x806c378
e_contact_set (0x80a7758, 7, 0x80a7860)
attr = uid, info = (nil)
attr = generationQualifier, info = (nil)
attr = nickname, info = (nil)
attr = sn, info = 0x806c35c
attr = objectClass, info = (nil)
vcard = BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
UID:cn=bbb\,ou=container\,o=dxml
EMAIL:gfkgkh
END:VCARD
in server_log_handler

(evolution-data-server:16917): libebookbackend-WARNING **: search
returned 0

Problem:

The field which I got is only id = cn=bbb\,ou=container\,o=dxml in the
output, whereas I was expecting the EMAIL and FIRSTNAME as well. I feel
there is some mismatch in the ldap attribute - evo attribute matching?
Why is the search saying returned 0?. Do I have to extend the directory
schema with evolutionperson.schema file and then map it with the
directory attributes ? I was not able to get much documents on ldap
addressbook configuration with evolution specifically related to schema
exts and schema changes. It will be great if someone can help and/or
point me to the right documents.

Thanks,
Amit