Re: [Evolution-hackers] importers?

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 01:50, Not Zed wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I saw JP mention something about importers being a bitch, whats the
> status here?  irc keeps booting me and everyone's asleep anyway.

They were a forgotten feature that I mentioned at the meeting on
Tuesday.  I resurrected importer stuff in the shell and also the
calendar/task importing, the addressbook importing lives again now with
some help from Chris and so the mailer ones are the only thing
remaining.

> Is this another forgotten feature or something?  Should we re-do them as
> modules rather than having so much bonobo glue in the middle, or what?

Probably keeping them the same for development speed's sake is best.
The calendar, tasks and addressbook ones weren't too bad to resurrect.
I think the mail intelligent importers will be a bit annoying because
they use the other importers (which no longer take a uri from the shell)
and the old Mailer.idl.   The selection of the mail folder may also be
annoying because we might have to construct a tree view of non-vfolders
to get a selection from the user (the importers have to create a control
for selecting a folder now because the shell can't do it for them).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.