Re: [Evolution-hackers] Panel notification applet (bug #127516) C interface

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 18:58 +0200, Plzik Milan wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:41:29AM +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Hi Plzik,
>
> On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 12:35 +0200, Plzik Milan wrote:
>
> > Hi:)
> > A few days ago I started writig the email panel notification applet. I'd
> > like to ask a few questions about the notification applet class interface.
> > (there is a request in bugzilla that it would be nice to hook other things
> > into it (comment #5) - f.x. for calendar notifications (#8)).
>
> Well, we already have a mostly finished crack at this bug from Miguel
> Angel Lopez Hernandez.  We are really only waiting for 2.0 to get out
> the door before we can commit it, since 2.0 code is in feature freeze.
> It just needs some minor changes to fit in with the plugin architecture.
>
> So keep that in mind with the comments below.  With the plugin system
> its possible to have both running anyway; of course it would help if the
> plugin stuff was finished but unfortunately it is still work in
> progress.

I think I'll stop fixing this bug, I would just do duplicate work. Anyway,
I think the acceptance of patch (even if waiting for code freeze) should
be mentioned in the bugzilla some way. Thanks for advices, anyway.
Ok, sorry about any work you did on this.  Its really up to the contributors themselves to update the bugs or even 'own' them like the rest of the developers do, although i don't know if any have been very good at it.

OT: My first name is Milan, surname Plzik. But at our school, everyone has
his/her name in format "<surname> <name>". I don't know why ...
Sorry Milan!
P.S.: I think this is not my last email to this list. GNOME programming
makes quite fun, so I'll try to find another bounty to fix:)
Cool, I hope the plugin stuff will make adding things to evolution itself a lot easier too.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"