Re: [Evolution-hackers] mail password dialog?

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 17:26 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
Hi,

Just noticed something odd.  I started evolution using "-c calendar",
did stuff in calendar, went to another workspace, a few minutes later a
dialog pops up in front of me asking for my IMAP password.  Wow.

One time it popped up while I was editing an appointment and the dialog
could not be dismissed.  Eesh.
Are the appointment editor dialogue's modal or something nasty?

Shouldn't that only happen if the mail component is loaded, or
something?  Is this expected?
Although we don't initialise the mail-view at startup, we do initialise the mail-component.  This will setup for example, the mail auto-check system; which is exactly as users would expect.  If you turn off automatic mail checking I think you will find it wont try to connect to anything until you visit mail.
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"