Re: [Evolution-hackers] 'vertical' view?

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:02 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> This inspired me to try a trivial implementation.

That's awesome of you.

For what it's worth, I had a long conversation with Anna about this at
GUADEC. Vertical real-estate is something s that's been on my mind for a
long time - evolution is great on a desktop with lots of screen space,
but on a 1024x768 laptop it's really kinda limited. [I whole heartedly
agree with Dan's sentiment that preview pane isn't for previewing...
it's for reading, period] Of late I've been using the open-message-in-a-
separate window thing, but that's kinda annoying because it obscures the
message list just as much as your vertical view experiment does.

I think the "it doesn't work part" is related to the fact that the
message list wasn't showing. If I were to comment, I would suggest
something like alternating the folder list with the message list on some
kind of toggle - because I'm usually interested in one or another, not
both at the same time (ie, go to a folder -> now looking through
messages in that folder so want to see message list and messages-with-
as-much-of-message-as-possible, and don't need to see folder list)

Anyway, I appreciate the open mind [and creativity!] you've been showing
on things like this lately.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/