Re: [Evolution-hackers] Relating async queries and answers in e-d-s

Hi!

El dom, 08-08-2004 a las 12:47, Alvaro del Castillo escribió:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am coding the planner resource importer for e-d-s and now I am trying
> to make all the queries async in the importer in order the GUI could
> work in the waiting response time.
>
> My problem is that I let the user to cancel async queries son I need to
> drop some asyn answers if the user has cancelled them.
>
> I understand that it could be nearly imposible to offer a cancel async
> query, because I suppose async queries will be a best effort remote
> operation.
>
> What I need is some way to associate the async query id that returns
>
> guint last_query_id = e_book_async_get_contacts  (client, query,
> eds_receive_contacts_cb,(gpointer) plugin);
>
> with the answer I receive in:
>
> static void
> eds_receive_contacts_cb (EBook         *book,
> 			 EBookStatus    status,
> 			 GList         *contacts,
> 			 gpointer       plugin)
>
> I can't put the query_id in the gpointer so if the query_id doesn't come
> with the async answer, how can I relate async queries and answers?

Ups, I have seen in e-book.c that the guint that returns
e_book_async_get_contacts isn't a identifier but a "boolean" abouth the
sucessfull of the query.

And thinking with a more fresh brain now, I can create the query id and
put it in the gpointer, so this is the way I will follow to relate
queries and answers.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers