Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Data Server and API of evolution?!

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 12:54 +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people!
> I have 2 questions about evolution stuff....
>
> 1. What is the project Evolution-Data-Server?! Is it something like a
> exchange Server but open source?!

no, it's a personal server, for a single user. It is the way GNOME apps
access the data in Evolution calendar, tasks and contacts.

> 2. Does synchronization via bluetooth with evolution works with all
> devices?! I have discovered that many devices synchronize their
> datapackages with outlook with OBEX (OpenOBEX). Is there allready a
> sollution?

no idea

> If no, does Evolution has a API for programmers to write plugins and
> extra programs?! Otherwise i'll write a program!

yes, it does, although it depends what you want to do. If it's about
syncing, I'd suggest you take a look at http://multisync.sf.net

cheers