Re: [Evolution-hackers] libical import

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 08:50, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 05:20, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

> > Sorry about the high version requirement - since Flex is changing
> > rapidly, and libical needs some functionality from Flex 2.5.7, we could
> > either require flex == 2.5.7 or flex >= 2.5.31 (with some fixes I made
> > to libical).

> What version of flex is shipped where?  My version on rh 7.3 and 8 are
> both too old.  Are these flex options necessary?

I believe the latest Flex shipped by distros is 2.5.4. Here's the
lowdown:

libical uses %option reentrant-bison, which was added in flex 2.5.7, to
generate reentrant scanners. This option was renamed in flex 2.5.21, to
"bison-bridge". A later version (not sure exactly which) renames yylvalp
to yylval_param, and that variable is referenced by libical's lexer.

So I was stuck with either removing the options and requiring flex 2.5.4
- somewhere between 2.5.21 and 2.5.31, keeping the options and requiring
flex 2.5.7 - 2.5.20, or upgrade the lexer slightly, keeping the
functionality, and requiring flex >= 2.5.31.

I wanted to keep the functionality and not put an upper bound on the
flex version, that's why I did it this way. I could just remove the
reentrancy options and we'd be fine with flex 2.5.4, though, if I'm in
the minority here.

--
Hans Petter