Re: [Evolution-hackers] use of bonobo in the contact editors

Hi Chris,

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 22:14, Chris Toshok wrote:
> I was looking at the contact editor code, and it struck me as kinda
> weird that we use bonobo there at all.  is the possibility of expressing
> the toolbars/menus in the ui xml file (as opposed to the glade file)
> worth the pain of all that gross reparenting code?

	Gross re-parenting code ? does that date from the days when libglade
couldn't create a BonoboWindow and so we had to design inside a
GtkWindow and then reparent into a BonoboWindow ? if so a simple cut /
paste should fix that.

> Thoughts?  I'd like to remove the bonobo foo and just have everything in
> the .glade file.

	Sure; I guess the issue would be that you have to use libgnomeui to
generate the menus then ?

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot