Re: [Evolution-hackers] missing file in HEAD

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 16:37, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 16:17, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 13:54, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > > It's key to keep the trunk working, otherwise bugs will begin to pile up
> > > again, and it will take a longer time to fix them.
> >
> > well, the problem is that "it's not a bug", it's just that the 2
> > concepts don't happen to work together.
>
> Is there really a need to start a philosophical discussion on whether
> it's a bug or not?
>
> If local mail doesn't work, then it's definitely a bug.  ;-)
>
> That being said, when can we have it fixed?

well, first I need to know if I should:

1. write a temp hack to work around the fact that the front-end and
backend don't share the same ideas as to how things should work... once
merged, we rip the fix out.

or...

2. write a long-term fix that will likely never be used once we merge in
new-ui-branch.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast