Re: [Evolution-hackers] missing file in HEAD

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 13:39, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 18:52, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > As a warning, you probably don't want to be running evo-mail HEAD unless
> > you use IMAP as local folders are a bit "broken" at the moment. When I
> > changed mbox to behave similarly to Mozilla, it changed the way paths
> > were constructed which is not in harmony with the way mail-local.c's
> > Local Folder structure worked.
> >
> yeah, I just checked it by myself. I could not even try to access my
> folders, since it was trying to open
> /home.sbd/rodrigo.sbd/evolution...., or something similar, instead of
> /home/rodrigo/....

right, this is the problem :-(

the way local-folder works is that it sets the root path to "/" and the
folder name is "home/fejj/evolution/local/Inbox"

the new mbox code has to convert folder_name such that each directory
gets transformed from "foo/" into "foo.sbd/" so that people can
transparently have subdirectories of mbox folders.

the way to make it work with the new code is to set the root path to the
path of the folder (eg "/home/fejj/evolution/local/Inbox") and the
folder_name to "mbox", however this can't really work in mail-local.c
because all the folders share the same CamelStore which is where the
root path must be set.

Jeff

> Anyway, was just trying to have a built copy for hacking on some stuff
> on HEAD.

ah, good - just keep 1.4 around for now :-)

Jeff