Re: [Evolution-hackers] Request for change the behaviour of Navigate Through Folder List.

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 12:06, Anna Marie Dirks wrote:
> In this case, what do you see as being the advantage of switching the
> focus to the right pane (after a folder is selected with the mouse)? If
> your proposed changes are made, then focus will be in different places
> post-selecting a folder, depending on how you selected the folder. Is
> this (apparent inconsistency in behaviors) useful?

Yes, because 99.9999% of the time you want to have the keyboard focus in
the message list once you have selected a folder, so you can go and
actually read your mail without the mouse.  (This was mentioned in the
discussion we had about where to put the cursor once afolder is
selected, as well.)

I think we even tried to get this behavior back in the days, but it
wouldn't work because of some Bonobo out-of-procness problem.

-- Ettore