Re: [Evolution-hackers] use of libical

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 16:14, Gerry Kirk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I googled and discovered that Evolution uses the libical library. I also
> noticed that CVS activity on that project stopped in April of this year.
>
> Just wondering if you have your own version of this library, or what
> your plans are for using it in future. I'm looking for some ical source
> myself for a project I'm doing.

we've got a copy in the evolution sources, which was recently updated
from the upstream sources. I dont know the exact situation of libical,
but we want to use it as an external lib as much as possible, thus
allowing us to remove our internal copy. But since we have still some
modifications on our copy that are not yet upstream, this is not
possible.

But in the long term, we'd prefer to depend on an external libical.

cheers