[Evolution-hackers] Delete Calendar events

Hi Guys,
has anybody given any thoughts to deleting calendar events and how the
gui to it should look like?

Here are my history and some thoughts.
I used to reverse delete calendar events, using a program which would
create a new calendar file with events back 60 days from today and 1
year in the future. This way I could archive my old calendar and just
use the new file in future evolution sessions.
Pros: fast, simple, works, easy to archive.
Cons: Not very intuitive, have to shut down evolution to install new
calendar file.

Now there is another problem, one really doesn't know when the program
is done (Ok one can look at the screen and see if there is any more
output), but that's not easy to automate.

We could write a daemon which listens to calendar events and deletes old
calendar entries.
Pros: easy to write, auto start up
Cons: hard to use for archiving, uses resources even when doing nothing.

Now I thought doing the following, write the daemon but create a new
calendar file with all the entries which should be deleted, then count
the entries in the new calendar file. Now since we have a count we know
when we are done (daemon exit) and can delete the entries which are in
the new file from the org. calendar.
This way the daemon can run on a timely basis and run in parallel to
evolution and create archive files. No Gui.

Any thoughts?
Ronald