Re: [Evolution-hackers] spam filtering

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:17, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> this is where things are unclear:
>
> when will these imap messages be fully downloaded? when the user opens
> the message? (normally an imap message is not fully downloaded until the
> user clicks on it in the message-list)
>
> or will we now just always download entire messages when the user opens
> an imap folder? this would suck.

Isn't this what we do for filters which rely on the contents of the body
already?  (either a "body contains" or a "pipe to program" now, right?)

Mail.app only marks messages as junk that it downloads, and it allows
you to set an option on whether to download it on a per-account basis.
The options are to keep "all messages and their attachments", "all
messages, omit attachments", "only messages i've read", or none.

Also there's an option of whether to store junk messages on the server.

Joe