Re: [Evolution-hackers] Appointment and Meeting Editors -- 2.0 Thoughts

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 22:39, Anna Marie Dirks wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> For some time, I have been working to simplify the user interfaces of
> the appointment/meeting editors (collectively known as the "event
> editor"). With the upcoming release of Evolution 2.0, we have a great
> opportunity to bring those interfaces into compliance with the HIG,
> and to improve their overall usability.

it looks great!

> 4. The dialog used to specify alarm settings:
> http://primates.ximian.com/~anna/evo2/eventeditor/alarm.png
> This dialog is launched in the same manner as the recurrence dialog. I
> believe that separating alarm options into their own dialog has the
> same basic benefits as moving the recurrence options.
>
> When alarms have been specified, the event editor looks like this
> (deja vu):
> http://primates.ximian.com/~anna/evo2/eventeditor/appt_recur_and_alarm.png .

how would more than 1 alarm be displayed here?

> So. What are your reactions to this work? What other information do
> you need from me to consider this design? For what it is worth, I
> started from scratch and had little problem writing this gui -- I
> don't think that for an experience hacker, making these changes would
> be very difficult, at all.

the only tricky part is to remove the tab-based framework the event
editor uses, where there is a class for each of the tabs. But that
shouldn't be too difficult.

cheers