Re: [Evolution-hackers] Deadlock when accessing an in-proc address book (fwd)

On 27 Nov 2003, Chris Toshok wrote:

> This is kind of a sticky problem, since even if we fix this hang we'll
> end up with another one when the stack unwinds to the
> GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_Book_open call, as the next line is a
> g_cond_wait call (from which it'll never wake).

As a quick workaround, I moved the new backend into its own server so
addressbook calls are no more in-proc.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001