Re: [Evolution-hackers] mailto: (etc.) handling

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 05:44, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Mër , 2003-11-26 at 16:18, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > >
> > > Possibly yeah, the effect of "evolution webcal://blah" could be that of
> > > automatically subscribing the user to that online calendar.  Then one
> > > could just click on a webcal URI on a webpage and be subscribed easily
> > > without cut & paste.
> > >
> > > However, how do we specify a calendar name to be displayed in the GUI in
> > > that case?
> > >
> > I was thinking we could display a dialog that asks the user what to do
> > with the file ("Would you like to subscribe to this calendar? Import
> > it?"), and thus, depending on the action chosen by the user, ask her
> > whatever we need ("name for the subscribed calendar").
>
> I started writing a little app that does this without needing to start
> all of evolution to pop up a dialog. I didn't get very far with it, as
> the ESource stuff wasn't ready yet, and libecal is still missing API and
> the functionality necessary to pull the calendar name/description
> meta-data from the on-line file itself. The mock-up I made for this
> dialog is at:
>
> http://primates.ximian.com/~dobey/screenshots/evolution-icalshare-mockup.png

oh, well, right, it could be a different process other than evo itself.
But I would really like to have it ask what you want to do with the
calendar, since subscribing is not the only choice: many users will
prefer to import it in their local sources.

The mockup looks really nice.

cheers