Re: [Evolution-hackers] Port my apps to 2.0

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:47, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I will be looking into porting my apps, send mail from alarm ..
> freebusy, to evolution 2.0.
> I have a few questions before I start:
>
> Which cvs tree should I use, evolution or evolution-data-server?

Depends what it does.  e-d-s contains what used to be the wombat and
cal-client and e-book.  We might be interested in integrating some of
these patches as well, do you have a longer description for each?

> Do I still need to extend Evolution-Component and get the Composer from
> the shell/mailer, i.e. run it under the shell like it was necessary in
> 1.4.X? Or did anybody provide a generic way for 2.0 to get components,
> if so please explain? I would also like to use the Composer from
> OpenOffice via a Java/C++ extension that way.

Unfortunately yes, but the shell simplified a great deal (7 methods
total I think now).  You can also launch the composer via corba.

> On a site note. I gave a talk about evolution last month and got
> "grilled" about the groupwise connection. The person asked was an admin
> who works for the county I live in, asking for the county which already
> uses Linux. I pointed him to this mailing list and the cvs entry, with
> the comment that it seems somebody is working on it and there might be a
> chance for official 2.X support. Just a friendly comment that there
> seems to be commercial interest in it.

Rodrigo is currently working on the groupwise support for the calendar.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.