Re: [Evolution-hackers] Porting to Windows XP

Okay, progress on trying to get evolution to build on cygwin:

you need:
gettext, libiconv and wget from GNU

I've been using GARNOME to get things to build, as it's easy :)

db3 makefile needs some minor hacking to get it to install (a bunch of
targets need .exe appended to them, auto* magic should be able to fix
this)

g_strsignal (from memory) uses 'extern char* strsignal(int)' but on
CYGWIN (for some reason) it's return type is 'const char*' - might have
to query people about the reasons behind that - it's possibly just
historical...

although i had to give up today when gcc stopped working. got unable to
fully load errors or some weird stuff (i forget exactly) - that and i
was fed up with having my work machine in windows.

i tried re-installing cygwin packages, and finally reinstalled the
cygwin dll itself, although i haven't tried that last one as it required
a reboot, and well, the "Linux" option in LILO was too tempting :)

a lot of the packages were building though, and seemingly all okay - so
there is hope for a cygwin based port.

you may even have luck with the win32 port of gtk, but the cygwin X does
rootless and has a window manager that uses win32 widgets, so it'd
probably interface fine (okay, *look* different - but who cares? gnome
stuff looks better anyway).

hope that's a starting point for somebody :)