[Evolution-hackers] libecal : e_cal_new returning NULL

So on the weekend I had an e_cal_new, e_cal_open sequence working fine
(but borking on e_cal_get_query). But now today e_cal_new is  returning
NULL. I have e-d-s running and evolution 1.5 starts up ok. I'm getting
ESourceList, ESourceGroup, ESource(s) fine. The only output I'm getting
from libecal is this message:

libecal-Message: e-cal.c:960: Activating calendar factory
(OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_DataServer_CalFactory)

Which doesn't sound scary at all.

I was talking to fejj on IRC and he suggested I e-mail the list for
advice.

Can anybody give me any? I started following the trail back from
e_cal_new -> fetch_corba_cal ... but the CORBA obfuscation gets in the
way of my understanding right now.

Patrick