Re: [Evolution-hackers] db3 and db4

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 17:21, Christopher Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:26, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Of course, the *real* win would be moving away from Berkeley DB
> > completely ;-)
>
> <sarcasm>
> Yeah, 'cause the best solution here is to reinvent the wheel and write
> your own embedded database, which would surely perform better and have
> fewer bugs. ;-)
> </sarcasm>

Well we do have the flat file implementation that Chris has been working
on...  Apparently it performs very well too.  (For the amount of data we
put in the addressbook, the DB is a bit overkill, and we still have the
ibex index for the searches anyway.)

But I don't think we really have the resources to go that route now,
since it implies a completely new code base for the addressbook
backend...

-- Ettore