Re: [Evolution-hackers] db3 and db4

Le mer 19/11/2003 à 14:35, JP Rosevear a écrit :
> This is the real reasons we need to import it - incompatible db
> formats.  As far as we could tell the DB people change formats between
> minor versions (at least they did for the 3.x series) and then don't
> version the libraries properly so its hard to account for binary
> compatability.  If we dynamic linked it means it might be impossible to
> move you .evolution dir to another machine if that machine's evo was
> linked to an older DB.  I don't want various source trees proliferating
> either, but I don't see a better solution at this point.

I understand you point completely. And I have no objection on
integrating DB3 3.1.17 in evo build :)

But if DB4 is format-on-disk stable and you plan to switch to it, it
would be great to be able to use external DB4 (with a compile-time
option, for instance).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft