Re: [Evolution-hackers] Upgrade path fix

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 20:57, Not Zed wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 09:02, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > The mechanism is similar to that of the old e-config-upgrade, i.e. it
> > stores the version number in a GConf key and attempts an upgrade if the
> > current version number is higher than the old one.
> Shouldn't it be the same mechanism, not just similar?

I don't understand what you mean.  It's not the same because now it's
per-component, so we don't have to centralize all the changes in the
same place.

> Either that or separate the upgrade bits and put it in each
> component.  It might be neater to put it in one place for each
> component.

True...  Just invoking it at startup before running the actual shell
sounds simpler though, and implies fewer code changes.

-- Ettore