[Evolution-hackers] What's is missing in NNTP support
- From: German Poo Caaman~o <gpoo ubiobio cl>
- To: evolution-hackers lists ximian com
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] What's is missing in NNTP support
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:17:40 -0300
I've just installed evolution HEAD and it was compiled with NNTP
support. After playing a little I have some question that I hope
anyone can answer.
IMHO, it's very comfortable to read NEWS, but:
1. Show all newsgroups from a server (it takes a bit of time, and
sometimes there are over 30.000 newsgroups, and the user is
interested in a few ones).
I guess it could be better has a window with a similar behaviour
as folder setting (when you choose working disconnected, where the
user choose wich folder would like to read).
I don't know where it belongs to.
2. Besides an USENET messages is *almost* a mail message, has some
differences. For instance, a message can be answered to the group
(follow-up) or replied to the sender (reply). Is there some kind
of communication that allow to add "Reply to group" to contextual
3. At last, but not least, where can I find a list with missings
things? (protocol or UI)
May someone give some pointers to me? What should I read?
Thanks in advance,
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl
] [Thread Prev