Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-data-server details

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 13:08, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 07:01, JP Rosevear wrote:
> >
> > 2. What to call the backend libraries
> >
> > The backends were called pas and pcs and name spaced as such.  With the
> > client libs being libecal and libebook, and all of this being in
> > evolution-data-server, I named the backend bits libedatabook and
> > libedatacal.  Obviously, these names need some work.  The main problem
> > is too have the corba objects in the backend (like the book, the book
> > view and book factory) not conflict with the client name for the C
> > wrappers to said objects nor the C classes that do the actual work which
> > are called by the corba objects (e-book-backend-file, which derives from
> > e-book-backend).
> >
> why not use a eds_ prefix for all backend-related functions, and put
> those in a libedataserver library. I don't think it adds too much
> overhead to have both the calendar and addressbook backend-related code
> in the same library.

Using "eds_" destroys the consistency of having e_, e- and E_ for
type/class macros, file names, and global name spacing for evolution.

There is already a libedataserver which contains utilities for all
backend implementations (ie the current libedatacal and libedatabook
already link to it).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>