Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-1-4-branch crash on startup

Thanks Michael. The problem was resolved by udating gdb from  5.3 to 6. I don't understand it, but happy to finally be hacking on evolution. Thanks to everyone else who helped answer my questions.

-Gary

>>> Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> 10/29/2003 2:14:14 AM >>>
Hi Gary,

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 00:01, Gary Ekker wrote:
> evolution crashes on startup, but only when I execute it from gdb. If I
> don't run it from the debugger, it runs fine??? Attached is the
> stacktrace. Additionally, if I try to attach to evolution after loading
> it, it never loads all the symbols and fails, see symbolload.

    Well - the stacktrace shows not the real problem - but a SIGPIPE during
the shutdown of the ORB which is happening 'atexit' from an X error
trapped by the XError handler.

    To find out where that came from you need to ensure the application is
doing synchronous X calls - to do that run it in gdb with the --sync
parameter, and perhaps --g-fatal-warnings too perhaps.

    Thanks,

        Michael.

--
michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot