[Evolution-hackers] linked signature image - gtkHTML hack?

I just created a simple signature that contains a linked image so recipients of my HTML e-mails can just click on my signature to be taken to my website.  I wanted the image to fade into a white background, but the blue link border around the image messes up the look.  I've tried using <A BORDER="0" HREF="" but my test e-mail comes back with the BORDER attribute missing in the link tag - blue border still there.

Is there any way to hack gtkHTML so that it includes this BORDER attribute?

Any other ideas that would work are welcomed too.

Cheers,
Rob