Re: [Evolution-hackers] Does HEAD of libsoup support SSL via openSSL now?

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 10:28, Dan Winship wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 04:01, Not Zed wrote:
> > not unless you compiled it incorrectly, it should be built to use nss,
> > afaik.
>
> No, the NSS code was never finished.
>
> However, the red carpet team just added support for GnuTLS, and it's
> possible they broke OpenSSL support in the process? Might want to try
> building a copy from before March 10 to see if that fixes the problem.
> (I haven't built the latest code yet.)

Probably not; the OpenSSL code wasn't touched by the GnuTLS port.  The
only really noticable thing is that during configure, GnuTLS is
preferred over OpenSSL.  I'd recommend using ir anyway, the next version
of rcd will probably use GnuTLS... the out-of-proc OpenSSL stuff is just
too flaky.

> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 14:17, jack wrote:
> > Hi!
> >    Does HEAD of libsoup support SSL via openSSL now?
> >    I tried to use it to make a HTTPS connection, and got:
> >
> > SOUP-WARNING **: Could not establish secure connection:
> > error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
> >
> > SOUP-ERROR **: Unable to establish SSL connection

Regrettably no suggestions.  I recently added the OpenSSL error message
stuff you see above, but that's an entirely unhelpful message.

Joe