RE: [Evolution-hackers] Creating folders via CORBA interface

Well, to figure out why the crash was happening I stumbled across the
evolution --debug=[debug file path] which yields the assertion:

evolution-shell-ERROR **: file e-local-storage.c: line 450 (create_folder):
assertion failed: (g_path_is_absolute (path))

When I change the parameters to:
void asyncCreateFolder (/home/patrickg/evolution/local/NewFolder,
"calendar", "New Folder", "", listener);

Same result when I tried:
void asyncCreateFolder (/home/patrickg/evolution/local/NewFolder,
"calendar", "New Folder", "/home/patrickg/evolution/local", listener);

I get the 'evolution-shell:folder_created occurred' event via the Bonobo
Listener, but nothing shows up in Evolution and the expected folder in the
/home/patrickg/evolution/local/ directory does not appear.  I have been able
to do a work-around by creating the directory manually and populating it
with an empty .ics file and a folder-metadata.xml file, but it requires a
restart of Evolution for the app to pick it up.  I'd be happy to just find a
way to get Evo to pick it up without a restart.

As far as what language, I'm using Java bindings which so far have proved
pretty reliable.

Thanks!

-Patrick