Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Evolution] Sieve support

> Yes, it's a service provided on top of a provider and that
> camel-provider I am planning to build is only the low-level interface
> for another more high-level interface (library) which I hope will be
> build during the development of Exchange-script support by Ximian.

Well the 'service' doesn't have to be a provider.  You really only need
an object to keep track of the resources/provide an api.

"Providers" in the camel sense are a specific implementation/interface,
not a generic plugin mechanism/or really for anything other than mail
stores and transports.

> Indeed, thats why I decided to wait for the Exchange-filter support to
> become finished. I am hoping that this abstraction-layer will be build
> for the Exchange-filters in a way that it can be reused for other
> scripting facilities -and languages.

*nod*, of course, i keep forgetting about that.

> So basically that means sending stuff and getting stuff like with POP3
> ;)

Ok.  So basing your code on the pop3 code probably makes sense (although
it might also be more complex than needed).  The nntp code is similar
and simpler, although the pop3 code was done afterwards, so is a newer
design.  But it doesn't need to be/shouldn't be done as a 'provider',
for reasons above.

 Michael