Re: [Evolution-hackers] summary, gdeskcal ideas
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- Cc: Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] summary, gdeskcal ideas
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:45:34 +0200
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 22:09, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > Evolution could start a process (as it does with the alarm daemon)
> > which, if a GConf key is set to TRUE, would show a cute transparent
> > window on the desktop (like gdeskcal), which would contain the current
> > evo summary, with the list of tasks, a little calendar like gdeskcal,
> > news feeds, etc.
> This sounds pretty neat... Maybe the gdeskcal author is interested in
> adding the missing functionality to gdeskcal instead of coming up with a
> something new?
> I don't know if it makes sense as a piece of Evolution. It's not basic
> functionality and we should look at minimizing the size of the code, not
> increasing it. :-)
yes, it does make sense as an external tool.
] [Thread Prev