[Evolution-hackers] Re: [Usability] Context for Evo 2 Mockups.

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 14:19, Roberto Rosselli Del Turco wrote:
> Apart from the obvious fact that this would be a trade-off (less clutter
> and more space in the window in exchange for the quick search facility),
> and also that you could add this functionality to the toolbar if you
> really want to preserve it, aren't you exaggerating it a bit? A search
> window which is just a Ctrl-F away doesn't look like a pain in the *ss
> to me.

It's a much larger pain in the ass than an inline search bar; I don't
think anyone on the usability list would argue against that.

It's also a fairly common thing these days to have some kind of search
bar embedded in the app whenever a potentially large list of items is
involved; users simply expect it.

-- Ettore